Policy for news items on the epi websitedownload pdf
EPO digital transformation – important changes are coming for all users
May 30, 2023
Next year, 2024, will see several important changes for users of the EPO’s online systems.
• Decommissioning the old Mailbox and My Files systems (replaced by MyEPO Portfolio)
• Phasing out of EPO smart cards (to be replaced by new two-factor authentication (2FA) system, which will be usable with MyEPO Portfolio, Central Fee Payment, OLF 2.0 and e-OLF in due course)
• Closure of incoming fax filing and Web Form Filing facility (to be replaced in late 2023 by a new Contingency Upload service)
Chair of epi’ s Online Communications Committee, John Gray, urges epi members and their staff to get ready for these changes, during the remainder of 2023.
The new systems and workflows can be used in parallel with your existing workflows, to allow a phased transition. MyEPO Portfolio is already functional for many procedures. epi members and others have been involved as pilot users throughout the development of these systems, testing new features before they go on general release. More functions of MyEPO Portfolio will be on general release from 1 July 2023, with other functions to be added during the second half of 2023.
More information about MyEPO Portfolio can be found on the EPO website here. The EPO is also providing seminars to find out more about MyEPO Portfolio and to receive an overview of upcoming new features. Participation in these seminars is highly recommended.
Information and Registration links for those who are not already users of Mailbox:
• English: 06-06-2023 https://www.epo.org/learning/training/details.html?eventid=16134
• German: 07-06-2023 https://www.epo.org/learning/training/details.html?eventid=16137
• French: 13-06-2023 https://www.epo.org/learning/training/details.html?eventid=16139
Information and Registration links for existing users of Mailbox:
• English: 20-06-2023 https://www.epo.org/learning/training/details.html?eventid=16136
• German: 21-06-2023 https://www.epo.org/learning/training/details.html?eventid=16138
• French: 22-06-2023 https://www.epo.org/learning/training/details.html?eventid=16140
The EPO will publish more information and an updated “Roadmap” at the end of May.