Payment of epi annual subscription 2023
The annual subscription increases from 190 EUR to 240 EUR if the payment has been made later than 3 months after due date in accordance with our Rules governing payment of the epi annual subscription. Outstanding amount will be reminded and is the reason to be proposed for deletion from the list of Professional representatives.
The due date of the epi annual subscription for the members entering the list of professional representatives in the course of the year is the moment of entry on this list.
The full amount of the annual subscription is supposed to be received by epi and the member has to carry all transfer and bank fees.
The 2023 epi annual subscription can be settled as follows:
1. By bank transfer in Euro (bank charges payable by subscriber)
|Account holder:||European Patent Institute|
|Bank:||Deutsche Bank AG|
|IBAN:||DE49 7007 0010 0272 5505 00|
2. Online Payment
Payments via Credit Card (Visa and Mastercard only) or PayPal are only available for epi Members after login.
For payments with American Express, please use PayPal.
3. Direct debiting mandate from EPO deposit account (available for 2024 only)
- The current epi form to set up/amend/delete a direct debiting mandate can be found here.
- The duly completed and signed epi form should be returned preferably as an e-mail attachment to email@example.com.
- Any new direct debiting mandate or amendment/cancellation of an existing mandate must be received by 15th February 2024 at the latest.
- The annual subscription fee due will be automatically debited from the relevant EPO account on 25 February 2024.
Please ensure that the EPO account has sufficient funds on that date.
Kindly note: No cheques accepted!
In order to minimise the workload in processing accurately and efficiently subscription payments, and independently of the transmitting way, each payment should be clearly identified comprehending the member's name and membership number. Obviously unidentifiable payments subsequently cause considerable problems for the Secretariat and in many instances unnecessary protracted correspondence.
Change of contact details or termination of membership
If you wish to change any of your contact data at the Institute or wish to terminate your membership of the Institute, please file a signed request for either changes in or deletion from the list of professional representatives before the EPO with the Legal and Unitary Patent Division of the EPO. The relevant forms can be downloaded from the EPO website:
Any official changes in the list of professional representatives will be forwarded simultaneously to the Institute. The Institute is also notified of the deletion by the EPO.
- Rules governing payment of the annual subscription
- Handling Double Payments
- Administrative Agreement between the EPO and the epi
- Amendment of Rule 154 (1)